Recommend For :
Our brake discs give you:
- 98% coverage of the European vehicle part
- Brake discs that exceed OE specifications
High Carbon Discs
Because they are designed not just to meet standards but also to be the best real world solution, our High Carbon Discs can exceed manufacturer specifications. They provide improved thermal behaviour, great stability and best performance.
High Carbon Discs help meet the ever increasing demands on brake discs in terms of weight, braking performance and NVH (noise vibration harshness) properties. With more vehicle manufacturers introducing High Carbon discs as standard, we’re making sure you can rely on strong coverage from our aftermarket range.
- Discs produced with High Carbon have optimal thermal conductivity, allowing the discs to run cooler and, as a result, ensure more consistent brake performance
- A High Carbon brake disc is less likely to distort, which means less performance-related problems
- High Carbon improves the thermal behaviour of the discs, giving better stability and increased resistance to distortion and thermal cracking
- High Carbon discs also help to provide a noise and judder-free performance
Disc brakes with cast iron safety
Because we’re committed to producing the safest and highest quality brake discs, a carefully controlled mixture of raw materials is used to produce the finest grey cast iron. Machining process quality isn’t enough – it has to be the best possible mix from the initial casting for the best end performance quality.
Our exhaustive tests ensure:
- High carbon content (the fluidity allows easier casting and machining, plus a low degree of shrinkage)
- Low melting temperature (1140°C- 1200°C)
- High wear resistance
- High thermal capacity
- High tensile and compressive strength, giving high levels of rigidity
The castings then undertake a variety of stringent tests and controls before being released for machining to ensure the highest levels of safety.